Today's News Releases
| Submit Press Release
| Submit Website
(IndustryNews247.Com, January 10, 2017 ) Summary
Major depressive disorder (MDD) is one of the most common psychiatric diseases worldwide. It is characterized by single or recurrent major depressive episodes (MDEs), where patients can typically experience periods of depressed mood, loss of energy, abnormal cognition, anxiety and suicidal ideation. Similar to other neuropsychiatric disorders, MDD has a multifaceted and varied etiology, and remains poorly understood. The MDD market is crowded and competitive, with more than 30 products available for the treatment of patients, the majority of which are now available as inexpensive generics. The MDD market is therefore in a dynamic phase where patent expiries for historically top-selling products such as Eli Lillys Cymbalta and Otsuka/BMS Abilify have occurred, and recent launches of Lundbeck/Takedas Trintellix and Otsuka/Lundbecks Rexulti will be a significant driver of growth in the 7MM. Growth in the MDD market is also expected to be driven by the potential introduction of six promising late-stage pipeline products into the market during the forecast period, all of which are directed towards treatment-resistant patients, a significant unmet need.
Key Questions Answered
- The MDD market is widely genericized. In light of this, what are the current clinical and environmental unmet needs? Will there be opportunities in this market for drug developers throughout the forecast period?
- There are five substantial unmet needs that exist in the MDD market. Will pipeline drugs fulfil any of the unmet needs for MDD? Which unmet needs will continue to provide opportunity for drug developers during the forecast period?
- Six late-stage pipeline products are expected to launch during the forecast period to 2025. What impact will these drugs have on the market? How will they affect the treatment algorithm for MDD?
Make an Enquiry of this report @ http://www.researchmoz.us/enquiry.php?type=E&repid=909290
- The main drivers of growth in the MDD market will be the uptake of atypical antipsychotic products throughout the 7MM, most notably from Otsuka/Lundbecks Rexulti. These agents are forecast to be the highest selling MDD products by 2025, accounting for 38.9% of the MDD market in the 7MM.
- The six late-stage pipeline products are all adjunctive therapies aimed at treating treatment-resistant patients and aim to satisfy major unmet needs within the MDD market; providing therapies with better efficacy, improved safety profiles, and rapid onsets of action.
- Overview of MDD, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized MDD market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2015 and forecast for ten years to 2025.
- Key topics covered include market characterization, unmet needs, R&D and clinical trials assessment, late stage clinical trial analysis and implications for the MDD therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: focus on eight late-stage pipeline MDD drugs, discussing emerging trends as well as an overview of earlier phase drugs.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global MDD therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global MDD therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
To Get Sample Copy of Report visit @ http://www.researchmoz.us/enquiry.php?type=S&repid=909290
Industrial News TV